Professional Search Engine Marketing
Professional search engine marketing is the best way to increase the visibility of your website. There are many variables that determine which websites climb to the coveted first page of search engine results. A component of search engine optimization (SEO) that is consistently number one is content. Much is involved with the professional search engine marketing of site content. The following are tips for creating great website content and meta descriptions that will improve click-through rates.
Tips for Great Web Content
Keywords are an important aspect of content because they communicate to search bots what the page is about. These tips are for the other audience, the readers. Professional search engine marketing pays attention to what grabs the attention of both people and search bots. Every website has plenty of competition, and creating great content can provide the needed advantage. The following are some excellent tips for writing great content:
- Do some research to discover what’s trending among the members of your target audience. Use related keywords and answer their questions. An example would be a gaming website. Due to the phenomenal Pokemon Go craze, answer the questions that would be entered in search engines. Where are the Pokemon stops in (my town)? There are a lot of people who aren’t in on the excitement, but they hear about it. “What is Pokemon Go?” is a popular phrase that can be used in relevant content to gain a wide audience in the current climate.
- To connect with audiences, professional search engine marketing is careful to use their specific language. If writing about wine, for example, you need to know that when wine is corked, it’s spoiled. That doesn’t mean the bottle has a cork in it. Speak the language of the readers. Otherwise, they’ll recognize the content as being written by an outsider who doesn’t actually know from experience what they’re talking about.
- Break up the text using any of numerous effective methods. The content created in professional search engine marketing has text that doesn’t send content skimmers running. Strategies include covering one topic per paragraph, using bullet points, adding sidebar information, using subheadings, and, ironically, avoiding lengthy sentences.
Meta Descriptions with Impact
For people to appreciate your content, they have to get past the search results page. Professional search engine marketing companies realize the potential in a meta description or snippet. A meta description is the summary of what’s on a web page. It’s located below the website URL on the search engine results page. The snippet can be the element on the page that results in users clicking through to your site instead of your competitor’s. The following are helpful tips for writing killer snippets:
- The meta descriptions written for professional search engine marketing are always specific to the page. Snippets should never be duplicated.
- Reading the meta description should accurately communicate what users will find when they click on it.
- The same keywords on the page that are relevant to content should also be used in the snippet.
- Provide a teaser of some kind that motivates readers to visit the site in order to learn more. For example, “Learn about professional search engine marketing that will keep your website at the top of Google ranking.”
In the past, Google made specific announcements that meta descriptions didn’t factor into page ranking. As it turns out, that’s not the case. Because great snippets inspire more click-throughs, they are an element of SEO. Click-throughs do improve page ranking. Without a great meta description, it’s less likely you’ll get a large volume of visitors to the associated page.
Contact us at Actual SEO Media for the best in professional search engine marketing.