If you’re looking for a better way to manage how your company or business appears on Google Search, then hiring a company like Actual SEO is a great way to do so. There are tools like Google My Business that can give your website the started push it needs. But hiring us to enhance your SEO and website optimization further is the best option.
A great SEO tool
If you didn’t already know, then now you will. SEO (search engine optimization) is important for your business. Poor SEO will leave your business dangling at the bottom with no improvement signs to reach the top.
If you’re a beginner just getting started with SEO strategies, focusing on your Google My Business listing is the right place to start. It is likely that once a potential customer has searched for your business, they are likely to make a purchase soon after. So you can see the importance of having your business’s information show up when people do a search. It is even more important than the information Google displays is accurate, complete, and fully optimized.
Creating a Google My Business account is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. Again, when completing these steps, ensure that the information you provide is accurate and complete. Otherwise, it could hurt your business.
- Create an account and claim your business
- Verify your business with google
- Optimize your business’ listing
- Download the GMB (Google My Business) app
- Learn and understand the difference between Google My Business, Google Places, and Google+
Completing these five easy steps will have you on your way to complete management of how your business appears in the Google search engine.
Will I have to pay for this tool?
We understand you might be worried about the cost of this tool. But, you’ll be happy to know that GMB is completely free for all users.
It is important to note that you must have some kind of face-to-face interaction with your customers. This tool is meant to serve in-person businesses with a finite location of service. If your business is 100% virtual, you will not be able to utilize the tool. There are other ways to optimize searches for virtual businesses, such as hiring an SEO team like us.
Creating your GMB Listing
The steps for creating your listing are as easy as the steps for creating an account. We made sure there was no useless hassle; otherwise, clients would be turned away. Who wants to use a service meant to optimize their business, but the service isn’t easy to use themselves?
In a few simple steps, you’ll be on your way to creating a listing for your business that will increase traffic tenfold.
- First: Log into your Google account associated with your business. If you haven’t yet created that account, now is the time to do so. You cannot continue to the next step without creating an account.
- Second: Go to google.com/business and choose “Start now” in the top right-hand corner.
- Third: Enter the name of your business
- Fourth: Enter the address for your business (Again, please make sure this information is completely accurate. Otherwise, the tool will work against you)
- Fifth: If you are a business that goes to the customer as opposed to them coming to you, then check the box that says, “I deliver goods and services to my customers.” Furthermore, if you work from home or a private address that you do not want the public knowing of, then check “Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region.” Finally, choose your delivery area.
- Sixth: Here, you will choose the category of your business. Choosing the most accurate and related category will tell Google the types of customers it should target. This is important. You do not want to target the wrong customers for numerous reasons.
- Seventh: Add a phone number and/or website address.
- Eighth: Choose a method of verification. If you’re not ready for this step, then choose “Try a different method,” then “Later.”
The GMB Verification Process
To serve you best, GMB offers various ways to verify your listing online. These options include:
- Instant Verification
- Bulk Verification (This is a great option if you want to avoid undergoing numerous other verification methods and have your listing up within a couple of hours)
Utilizing Postcard Verification
For those who are not fond of having data sent by phone or personal device, postcard verification is a great option. Here are the steps for requesting a postcard.
- Log into your Google My Business account now if you haven’t already done so, and choose the business you are wanting to verify. (If you are already logged in, you should automatically be at the verification step already from where you previously left off)
- Double and triple-check that your business address is correct; otherwise, the listing on Google will be incorrect, and the postcard will be mailed to the incorrect address. Also, if you would like to, you can add a contact name. This is who the postcard will be addressed to. But it is not necessary.
- Click “mail.” Depending on your postal mail services, the postcard should arrive to you within five days. Please do not make any changes to information such as your business name, address, or category during the mailing period. Doing so will cause delays in the mailing process.
- When you receive the postcard, log into your Google My Business account. If there are multiple business locations, select only the one you are wanting to verify now. If you only have one location, click “Verify Now.”
- Finally, in the Code Field, enter the five-digit verification code that is listed on your postcard. Then, click “submit.”
In the event that your postcard doesn’t show up, or if you lose it, you will be able to request a new code. Sign in to your GMB account and click “request another code.” This will appear as a blue banner at the top of your screen.
Not every business is eligible to verify their location by phone. If you are one of the few who is able to, there will be a “verify by phone” option at the start of your verification process.
- Step 1: If you haven’t logged into your Google My Business account, do so now. Choose the business you want to verify. (If you have remained logged in you will already be at this step.)
- Step 2: Verify that your phone number is correct, then choose the “verify by phone” option.
- Step 3: Enter the verification code from the text you receive on your phone.
It’s as simple as that!
Just like with phone verification, Google allows some businesses to verify their location through email. If you are eligible, you will see the “verify by email” option at the beginning of the verification process. If you do not see this option, you are not eligible to verify it through this method.
- Step 1:If you haven’t logged into your Google My Business account, do so now. Choose the business you want to verify. (If you have remained logged in you will already be at this step.)
- Step 2: Ensure that your email address is correct as it is showing online. Then choose “Verify by Email.”
- Step 3: Log into your email account and open the email from Google My Business, then click the verification button that is shown in the email.
If you have already verified your business using Google Search Console (a separate free tool that helps you manage your site’s performance levels related to SEO and PPC, as well as the overall health of the website), then in most cases, you’ll be able to instantly verify your email.
To do so, sign in to Google My Business using the same account you verified your business with on Google Search Console. Follow the steps if you are allowed to do so. (Not every business will be eligible for this type of verification. If you do not receive a notification that asks you to verify the listing, you will need to choose a different verification method that is available to you.)
Bulk verification is a method that allows businesses with 10 or more locations (of the same business) that aren’t a service or agency managing location to verify their business locations. This is a very specific verification method and can only be utilized if you meet the criteria.
- Log into your Google My Business account if you aren’t already. Then choose a location to verify and click “Get verified” next to the name.
- Click “Chain.”
- You will be prompted to fill out the verification form with pertinent information related to your business. The business name (parent company, if applicable), county, countries of operation, contact names, phone numbers, manager email, and address will all most likely be asked for. Please ensure you have all of this information on hand and that it is accurate.
- Submit your verification form. Because of this verification’s size, sometimes it can take up to a week for Google to process the information. Allow time for this, and only reach out after a week has passed with no feedback.
Where we come in: Optimization
Now that we’ve discussed how Google My Business can help you let’s talk about what we do for you.
Optimization is one of the most important factors in making your business stand out. The more optimized your website is, the better it will perform. Adding the right features to your website can really help it stand out. Our team at Actual SEO Media, Inc, will help you further enhance your SEO from Google My Business.
You might not know it, but lots of customers pay attention to finite details on your website. With Google My Business, it’s important to feature photos, hours of operation, and disability accessible tools. This will aid our team in making sure that once we have your website appear on top, they don’t click away due to a lack of information on your end.
Use of PPC Ads
PPC or pay per click ads is a great way to increase traffic to your website. Actual SEO Media, Inc. is fond of using the PPC technique and has amounted to much success while using it. Did you know that PPC ads amount to more website clicks than any other form of advertising?
These PPC ads are displayed at the top of the Google webpage when a search is done. They have sponsored ads and can generate lots of business for your company.
Pay per click ads work well with search engine optimization (SEO). These two marketing areas target the same audience, so they can be used together to maximize web traffic and web presence. This is where our content writer keyword articles come in. There are numerous different keywords that can be searched for one product or business, so our writers create articles that tailor to the keyword and SEO.
Actual SEO Media, Inc. works in both PPC and SEO and can help you obtain improved web traffic. Pay per click advertising is only one of many services we offer to our clients. There are many benefits to using PPC strategies. Our team at Actual SEO Media, Inc., can provide an improved online presence. We are able to do that through pay per click ads and other SEO tactics.
Our team of web developers will ensure that your webpage is user-friendly and not overly cluttered. While our content writers make sure that all text is easy to read and informative. Furthermore, through their use of Keyword articles, they’ll be able to make sure that the highly sought google searches have your website appearing first.
We can provide a free website assessment for you so that you’ll be able to see where your site needs the most improvement, and from there, our team will get started!
Businesses that hire an SEO team like Actual SEO Media, Inc. show almost a 50% turnaround rate for customers. Optimizing your photos, website, and web content are essential to bringing in customers and maintaining the ones you already have.
Pairing together our team with the free and easy GMB tool is sure to keep you at the top of search engines.
Actual SEO Media, Inc.
Do you need a Google My Business account? No. Our team at Actual SEO Media, Inc. is fully capable of tremendously helping your business’s optimization. Increasing traffic to your website and business is essential to keep growing. Not only is appearing in a search important but having a fully optimized website for efficiency is vital to your business’s success.
At Actual SEO Media, Inc., We have a full in-house staff of professionals eager to enhance your website performance. You might not notice the small details that are hurting your website, but we do, and we want to help. Your business is important to us. Give us a call today at (832) 834-0661 to see how we can further optimize your company.
While you can go through the steps of creating a Google My Business account, why not turn to experts like us who can take the process off your hands? With us, there’s no need to go through the hassle of creating accounts and getting verified. While using GMB won’t hurt your website performance in any way, it isn’t necessary when you can call us!